Powered by Genetic Alliance, Disease InfoSearch constantly evolves to keep up with the patient and healthcare communities' growing needs as the understanding of genetics deepens. When Disease InfoSearch moved to its own URL in 2011, we reached out to additional organizations that provide information about diseases to create a more comprehensive resource. When you search on Disease InfoSearch, you will also be simultaneously provided with information from the following partners:
- ClinicalTrials.gov - ClinicalTrials.gov offers up-to-date information for locating federally and privately supported clinical trials for a wide range of diseases and conditions.
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center (GARD) - A collaborative effort of two agencies of the National Institutes of Health, The Office of Rare Diseases Research (ORDR) and the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), to help people find useful information about genetic conditions and rare diseases.
- Genetics Home Reference - Genetics Home Reference is the National Library of Medicine's website for consumer information about genetic conditions and the genes or chromosomes associated with those conditions.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) - NCBI advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.
- Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM) - OMIM is a comprehensive, authoritative compendium of human genes and genetic phenotypes that is freely available and updated daily.