Support Organization for Trisomy 18, 13 & Related Disorders
Support Organization for Trisomy 18, 13 & Related Disorders print
SOFT is a network of families and professionals dedicated to providing support and understanding to families involved in the issues and decisions surrounding the diagnosis and care in Trisomy 18, 13 and related chromosomal disorders. Support can be provided during prenatal diagnosis, the child's life and after the child's passing. SOFT is committed to respect a family's personal decision and to the notion of parent - professional relationships.
Address & Contact
|Click on the 'New Address' link to add a new address profile.||New Address|
|Click 'Update' to change an existing address and 'delete' to remove it.|
|Click on the 'New Person' link to add a new contact person for your organization.||New Person|
Information Provided for
- Families of Affected Individuals
- Care Providers
- Health Care Professionals
- The Public
Printed Materials Provided in
- Primary language is English; major documents are also available in Spanish. All materials are trans
Educational Materials Include
- Fact Sheet(s)
Conferences & Workshops
- Affected Individuals and/or Families
- Annual conference for families and professionals.
Service and Support Information
Range of Services Include
- Referrals to Local Chapter or Group
- Peer Support
- Medical Referrals
- Referrals for Non-medical Services
- Telephone Helpline
Financial Assistance for
- Scholarships For Affected Individuals
- Also for research.
Bibliography of Medical Articles/Research
SOFT maintains a bibliography of medical articles so as to concentrate trisomy information in one place for families and medical professionals. Resource types include documents and hyperlinks.